From what I've seen and heard from all the Frontline videos and from my own personal belief, I think technology is taking over our lives. You almost always see someone with some sort of device they are bringing around with them. Personally, I don't like the complete 'take over' of technology. I do believe that technology should develop and that in some ways it is good. Unfortunately a lot of its uses are not, for the most part good.
One major problem I have is that technology is developing so quickly that some of it is utterly useless. Creators don't take any time to think and truly develop a product to its full potential. Also, from what I have seen from the videos, kids are becoming addicted, and are losing touch with reality. In some ways this can be good, but in other ways I feel like we are losing a part of ourselves. I wonder if we are making it so we can not reach certain potential skills. Also with the Internet at so many people's finger tips, I feel like that the meaning of earning where you can get in life is changing. People no longer have to work as hard when they don't have to think up the anwser themselves. They can ask some smarter person online or even look up possible solutions online.
I kind of fear losing certain parts of the none digital world, such as books, talking to someone face to face and I really don't like the idea of online dating. That is just me personally and everyone else has their own opinion, and it seems as though alot of the opinions are heading in a technology centered world, not saying that is bad, it could have its perks.
I agree with a lot of your points, Amelia, if not all.
ReplyDelete